A Day in the Life...of Me!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

A day trip down memory lane...one year ago!

So, I've never done this before, blogging that is, so be patient with me as I get myself used to the world of blog. I've always considered starting a blog, but usually talked myself out of it thinking that no one would ever want to read about my boring life. Well, today, my good friend, introduced me to her blog and convinced me that its a better alternative to hitting the home button on facebook a thousand times an hour to check and see what everyone else is doing in their lives at this very second. So, here I am, starting a blog. Wondering what it is that I'll find to write about each day, or twice a day, or more, who knows!

Today I was thinking about the upcoming December graduation here on campus. It's the oddest and almost disturbing feeling knowing that I literally graduated college one year ago come this weekend. A year ago I was in a pretty bad place in my life. I thought my life was over, literally I'd wake up some days, wishing I was dead. I thought I'd never get past it, that I wouldn't ever be happy again. I finally woke up one day and told myself I was tired of being sad, that I couldn't cry another tear, and that it wasn't helping anyway, so why let him ruin my life. So I got up, and got ready, and went out with my best friend and stopped feeling sorry for myself. Which, I thought meant everything would be back to normal. Little did I know that making myself feel better wasn't the hardest part. The biggest obstacle of all was getting everyone else to stop feeling sorry for me. I got soooo sick of hearing how sorry other people felt for me. My family were especially bad about this. I love them to death but if I heard my mom tell me one more time how sad she felt for me, or see the pain in my dad's eyes every time I tried to mention his name, I was gonna SNAP! I wasn't angry with him anymore, I wished no harm on him, but they were furious, they probably still are. Life happened, and it happened to not be one of the best times of my life, but I lived through it and am now for the better.

If you would have told me that I could possibly feel this kind of love for another person just a few short months after it all ended, I would have told you that you were out of your mind NUTS! But I do. I met the most amazing, loving man I've ever met not long after I stopped feeling sorry for myself. Isn't it amazing what you can find when you're no longer looking for it? He healed me, made me feel whole again. A lot of people thought it was a rebound fling. Hey people, guess what, we've been together for 11 months now. So there! :) He's amazing, and he makes me happier than I've probably ever been. Like one of my best friends said last night...I got a good one! :) Love you babe. Well, I should get back to work now. More will come later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

im so happy for you now! AND... I find your life interesting and I enjoy reading your thoughts! keep em comin!

December 11, 2008 at 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home